Hey fam! For those who are unfamiliar with who I am or what I do, along with blogging and recipe creation, I'm also a private chef and fitness instructor!
Every week I have the pleasure of teaching a young aspiring chef healthy gourmet cooking classes! We've worked together for almost 2 years and I'm proud to say that his skills have flourished over time.
Our classes go like this - I develop the recipes, and he puts them together getting free reign to add whatever he likes! Didn't we create a beautiful masterpiece? We make a great team! So honored to be his mentor!
Here you go fam! Hope you enjoy this dish!!
Herb Tomato Tart
Yields: 4-6 Servings
Time: 45 Minutes
1 ⅓ cups almond flour
1 ½ teaspoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt, divided
1 teaspoon of black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons of solid ghee or coconut oil
2 teaspoons of cold water
2 vine tomatoes, sliced
2 cups mini sweet peppers, sliced
1 cup red onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (8-10 ounce) container of ricotta cheese
1 (5 ounce) log of goat cheese
2-3 tablespoons of fresh dill & chives, minced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the flours, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ghee/coconut oil, and water in a food processor until well combined.
3. Press the dough mixture into a pie pan until crust is formed.
4. Prebake crust in the oven for 13 minutes. Pull out and set aside.
5. While the crust is baking, slice the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers as listed above.
6. Combine the goat and ricotta cheese into a large bowl. Add the garlic and mix until well-combined. Add a pinch of salt and pepper!
7. After the crust has been cooled down, spread cheese mixture evenly
onto the crust.
8. Place the veggies on the cheese into a beautiful circular formation until all of the cheese is covered. Sprinkle the remaining salt, pepper and drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over the veggies.
9. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until peppers are slightly charred.
10. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs.
Crushed Red Peppers