This stuff goes GREAT on everything! It's an excellent marinade for all meats, seafood, and veggies, a creamy salad dressing, and a perfect dipping sauce! The flavor goes on and on forever! Once you make it, you'll be making it over and over again!
Enjoy, Sassy Fam! Prepare to be hooked!
Time: 1 hour & 10 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
5 peeled tamarind pods
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1/4 cup vin
1 tablespoon coco aminos
2 teaspoons allspice
1 medjool date
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon mustard
3/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 jalapeno with the seeds
1. Peel tamarind shells & tamarind strings off of the pods. You should be left with the seeds and a good portion of the chewy pulp.
2. Soak the pulp/seeds in a half cup of water for 1 hour. After the hour is up. Pull the pulp off the seeds. Pull the seeds out and discard.
3. Place the tamarind juice/pulp in a bullet or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Blend on high until everything is well-combined.
5. Garnish your favorite meat with chopped green onions. Pour the tamarind marinade on top and marinade overnight!
Check out my chili-tamarind salmon I featured on air on I Watch Daytime with Kimberly and Esteban!