Fam! I'm assuming you looked up this recipe because you absolutely LOVE meatloaf! Then again, who doesn't love meatloaf (unless you're vegetarian)? Not only is this recipe to die for, but it also has less than 10 ingredients in it! Isn't that awesome? I have successfully paired the perfect ingredient combinations to make meatloaf taste deliciously bold and bursting with flavor! Once all of the ingredients are in the pan, just throw it in the oven and leave it alone until it's done! And that would be the perfect opportunity to prepare any side dishes you plan on serving with it!
So if you love classic dishes turned clean and sassy, you've come to the right recipe!
TIME: 40 MINUTES
YIELDS: 6-8 SERVINGS
2 lbs of ground turkey 93% lean
1 package of natural bacon
1 medium-to-large red onion, sliced thin
6 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons molasses
1 1/2 tablespoons Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven for 400 degrees.
2. Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
3. Prepare the onion and garlic as listed above.
4. Place the onion, garlic, Turkey, Worcestershire, molasses, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well-combined.
5. Distribute the slices of bacon evenly into each pan. Lay each piece of bacon side by side and along the sides of the pan. You may have a few pieces of bacon left over.
6. Place half the amount of meat in one pan, and the other half of the meat in the other pan. Press the meat into the pan with an even surface. Fold the sides of the bacon over onto the meatloaf. Place the remaining pieces of bacon on top of the loaf.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the bacon is golden brown.
8. Place the pan upside down onto a non-stick sheet pan so the bottom side of the meatloaf is faced-up.
9. Place the meatloaf back in the oven for 10 minutes to give the bacon a caramelized color.
10. Allow the meatloaf to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving time. Serve it with chopped green onions and your favorite low-sugar bbq sauce.