Sauce matters, friends! You can pretty much take any protein, vegetable, or carb product (just as long as it's clean), smother it with sauce, and your ordinary meal turns into an extraordinary one! Preparing sauces with fresh and simple ingredients gives your body an added dose of nutrition it craves. My sun dried tomato confit with shrimp pairs perfect with spaghetti squash, but feel to get creative and utilize what's in your pantry! It can go with practically any clean carb! GF pasta, sweet potatoes, and quinoa included!
Enjoy, sassy fam!
Small spaghetti squash
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the spaghetti squash in half and then quarter it. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Spray the flesh side of each piece with cooking spray, and then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
4. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the squash quarters faced down on the pan.
Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Immediately after you place the squash in the oven, move onto the confit and shrimp!
SUNDRIED TOMATO CONFIT
1 leek - chopped
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cups sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch oregano, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can low sodium tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Zest and juice of one small lemon
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1. Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add the evoo. Allow the evoo to cover the entire surface of the pan.
3. Add the leek, onion, and garlic and stir constantly so the garlic doesn't burn.
4. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Cook until the garlic and onion become fragrant.
5. Add the sundried tomatoes. Saute until the become somewhat tender.
6. Add tomato sauce plus one cup of water.
7. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
8. Add oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and add lemon zest and juice!
10. While the sauce is simmering, move onto the shrimp!
1.5 - 2 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
A few pinches of black pepper
1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1. Peel and devein the shrimp.
2. Mince the garlic.
3. Place a large saute pan over high heat. Add the oil. Allow the oil to melt all over the surface of the pan.
4. Add the shrimp, but don't overcrowd the pan. You may have to do this in 2-3 batches.
5. Add the garlic and saute! Sprinkle in a little bit of salt and pepper with each batch you cook!
6. Cook until shrimp is pink and tender. Cook for about a minute on one side, flip the shrimp and cook for another minute! Each batch should only take up to 2 -2.5 minutes to make.
1. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the spaghetti sqaush.
2. Garnish with fresh parsley or parmesan cheese!
If you like this recipe, you're going to LOVE my ecookbook, "How to SLAY the Meal Prep Game!"
You can find it on Amazon.Com for purchase!
Here is the link: