HEY LOVERS AND LOVERS AND LOVERS AGAIN! That's actually how I greet my dogs. For real, I'm not even kidding! So here is a treat for you that is perfect because it is low in sugar, high in fat, AND it satisfies the sweet tooth! AND it gets stored in the freezer so it's pretty much out of sight out of mind until you really need to feed the decadent craving. You know what I'm saying? Anyways, here's the recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Chocolate
1 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup Cocoa powder
1/2 cup real maple syrup
Ingredients for Filling
2 cup coconut oil
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
6 tablespoons real maple syrup
4 tablespoons coconut or almond milk
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Starting with the ingredients for chocolate, melt the 1 cup of coconut oil in the microwave or over the stove.
2. Combine the cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup in a bowl.
3. Pour half of the amount of chocolate into a small 8 x 8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. Place the pan in the freezer so the chocolate will harden up.
4. While the chocolate is freezing, combine all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined.
5. Take the chocolate out of the freezer, pour the filling on the chocolate, and then pour the remaining chocolate on top. Sprinkle the top with almonds.
6. Store the bars in the freezer until serving time. Do not slice the bars until serving time because they melt quickly.