Guys! I've FINALLY found a grain and gluten-free pancake mix that I love! It's locally made right here in San Antonio! How awesome is that? But wait, it gets better. Not only is this pancake mix made with clean ingredients, it was created by a single mom, surviving an autoimmune disease, exploring ways to make healthy pancakes for her and her son! How heart-warming is this story?
For those of you who don't know, I was a single mom for 12 years. I started my business when my son was just 6 years-old. Times were HARD, and we struggled more than I'd like to admit. However, there is no greater perseverance than that of a single mom, working to create a better life for her and her children! Not only do I love the origin of Pure Heart Pancakes, but I will stand behind any female business owner on a mission to make the world a better place! Plus, the product is fantastic!
Pure Heart Pancake mix is a blend of arrowroot flour, coconut flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and Himalayan salt! That's it! You know you're working with a highly sustainable product when the ingredients list is minimal. Most pancake brands are filled with processed ingredients that you can't even pronounce! Pure Heart truly encompasses the artistry behind healthy living.
Keeping on theme of the "mother/child" relationship, I purposely created lemon-blueberry pancakes because my son loves blueberries, and I love lemon! It's a lovely combination!
Disclaimer: because this mix is made with coconut flour, the pancake batter will not be as runny as other pancake mixes you may have made in the past. So when you make it, you will find that the consistency will be a little thicker and more paste-like. I've included detailed instructions on how to properly handle that. I personally love the consistency of these pancakes. It gives the dish a heartier texture! Check out the photo below to see your ideal batter consistency.
Head to Pureheartpancakes.com to buy your pancake mix today!
***vegan option included in recipe***
TIME: 15 Minutes
YIELDS: 4-6 Servings
1 1/4 Pure Heart Pancake Mix
3 eggs (use 3 tablespoons of flax seed plus 9 tablespoons of water for vegan option)
3 tablespoons of melted butter (use melted coconut oil for vegan option)
1 cup of non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
1 cup of blueberries, divided
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
Avocado or Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Combine the pancake mix, eggs, melted butter and milk into a bowl. Mix until well combined.
2. Using a microplane, zest the lemon directly into the batter. Be sure to avoid the white pith otherwise the batter will turn bitter. After the whole lemon has been zested, chop it in half and squeeze the juice into the batter.
3. Add the salt, vanilla, and fold in 3/4 cup of the blueberries. Mix until well-combined.
4. Spray the griddle with cooking spray, and then cook 1/2 cup serving sizes over medium heat. Because the batter has a paste-like texture, use a spatula to scoop out the batter from the measuring cup. Use that same spatula to pat down the pancake, giving it a circular shape. After 1 minute, flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
5. Use the remaining blueberries to garnish on top! Serve with your favorite REAL NATURAL MAPLE (or sugar-free) syrup.