I know, it totally sounds crazy. When the crew over at Daytime with Kimberly & Esteban called me to do a New Year's segment featuring good fortune foods, they requested grapes! But I was so tired of the same old grape salad recipes, I knew I had to explore something different.
I came across a roasted grape pie recipe that looked intriguing and thought,
"Why not make it healthy by using almond flour & coconut oil?"
But then I thought, "How convenient & functional is it to make a roasted grape pie? And how many people are actually going to take the time to make it?"
So then I thought, "Why not make keto flatbread instead! And then I can twist this recipe into toast by adding ricotta & arugula!" How delicious and sassy is this?
I chose ricotta cheese to smear on the toast because it's soft, spreadable, and LOADED with whey protein! If you are vegan, you can easily replace the ricotta with store-bought cashew cheese, and replace the keto bread with vegan bread!
If you are pressed for time (or just don't feel like making keto flatbread) you can easily replace the flatbread with sprouted grain or gluten-free toast!
Save time by roasting the grapes & baking the bread a day beforehand!
And most importantly, what I love most about this recipe is that you can eat it anytime of day! Feel free to throw an over-easy egg on top for additional protein!
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Enjoy, team! 💋
TIME: 20-40 MINUTES (depends on whether or not you choose to make the flatbread)
2-3 cups of red seedless grapes
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 pinch of Himalayan salt
1 pinch of Monkfruit, truvia, or any other natural sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place grapes in a large bowl. Add olive oil, sweetener, and salt. Mix until well-combined.
3. Place grapes on a non-stick sheet-pan or a sheet-pan with parchment paper.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until grapes look shriveled.
5. Cool for 5 minutes prior to serving time.
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoons of either melted ghee, avocado oil, or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the water, eggs, avocado oil, and cheese in a one bowl and mix.
3. Place the flour, spices, baking powder in another bowl. Whisk.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold and knead until it forms a ball of dough. This makes 2 servings of crust.
5. Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Place the dough on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
6. Bake the crust in the oven for 20 minutes.
Allow the bread to cool prior to slicing. Cut the flatbread in either 6ths or 8ths (depending how many slices you want) and then slice each piece on a bias.
Let's gather the other ingredients!
1 cup of ricotta cheese
1-2 cups of arugula
Extra virgin olive oil
Local honey (optional)
Please allow the grapes and the bread to cool before we assemble the toast!
1. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese per slice of flatbread.
2. Spread a few grapes on top.
3. Place arugula on top of the grapes (as much as you like).
4. Sprinke salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey (optional) on top.