Hey friends! Who bakes with protein powder? Sometimes protein pastries can be dense and dry, but these chewy chocolatey protein muffins are exactly the opposite!
The secret ingredient to keeping these muffins soft are medjool dates! This natural sugar source releases moisture while it bakes! It also adds the a healthy amount of sweetness therefore added sweeteners are optional! I actually added 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia to this recipe because I am a sweet addict!
You and the family are in for a treat! Get ready to have a tasty gluten-free and sugar-free snack! Get a boost of energy while satisfying your sweet-tooth with my Chewy Chocolate Protein Muffins!
YIELDS: 12 Servings
TIME: 20 Minutes
2 cups oats
1 scoop Lifetime.life vanilla whey protein
3/4 cup of allergy friendly chocolate chips
1 cup of pitted medjool dates, diced
1/2 cup pecans, chopped in small pieces
3/4 cup of Lilly's chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 pinch of Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of truvia
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place cupcake liners into a muffin tin. Spray the inside of the cupcake liner with cooking spray.
3. Place the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and Himalayan salt in a large bowl. Mix. Set aside.
4. Place the bananas, eggs, vanilla, and truvia in a food processor. Blend until bananas form a puree. Scoop out the banana mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
5. Fold in the chopped dates, pecans, and chocolate chips.
6. Scoop out 1/4 cup sizes + 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
7. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 13 minutes.
8. Store in the refrigerator! Can be eaten as an anytime snack!