Hey Fam! This colorful, gluten-free and meat-free dish is fresh, flavorful, zesty, and perfect to bring to your next friendly gathering!
This recipe also serves as a complete protein-packed meal for those who are vegan! I fed this recipe to my family the other night and both my husband and my teenager loved it! It's a must-have!
Time: 25 Minutes
1 box of ancient grain gluten-free penne pasta
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
1 (15 ounce) can of garbanzo beans
1 cup of green beans, trimmed & diced
1 cup of green pepper, small diced
1 cup of mixed sweet peppers small dice
1/2 jalapeno, diced with seeds (optional)
1/2 cup of red onion, diced
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of white vinegar
Zest and juice of one lime
1 tablespoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
2 teaspoons of truvia
1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Follow the directions on the box of pasta to cook the pasta. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the water so the pasta doesn't stick together after it's drained. Be sure to keep an eye on the pasta otherwise it will turn to mush if you overcook it.
2. Chop the green beans as listed above. Submerge the green beans in a pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the green beans are bright green. Drain in a colander.
3. In the same colander, drain the garbanzo and black beans. Run cold water over the beans until the water runs clear.
4. Chop the peppers and onion as listed above.
5. After the pasta is drained, place all of the ingredients - pasta, beans, vegetables, spices, etc... into a large bowl. Mix until everything is well-combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store in the refrigerator until serving time! It tastes best served cold!