Hey Fam! Who loves shrimp recipes? I do! And I'm super excited about this recipe because not only is it FABULOUS, but it's also user friendly and super simple to prepare!
Want a couple quick tips to make this recipe even more painless than it already is? Be sure to buy shrimp already peeled and deveined! If you have to peel & devein the shrimp yourself it will add another 10 minutes of prep time. This recipe calls for jalapenos so be sure to use gloves while handling the peppers, otherwise your fingers will burn. No joke! Also, I used an entire jalapeno in this recipe, seeds included! Jalapenos lose 50% of their heat index after they're cooked. If you want a decent amount of spice in your dish, be sure to add the whole jalapeno!
If you plan on tackling this recipe, please take a pic of the finished product and tag me on Instagram: @ursassychef!
Enjoy, Sassy Fam!
Time: 25 Minutes
Yields: 3-4 Servings
1 1/2 pounds of raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
1 head of cauliflower, chopped in small bite size pieces, but not as small as cauliflower rice
1 jalapeno, diced with seeds
1 small red onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons + 1 pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of sugar-free rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Garnishes (add this after the cauliflower is cooked)
3/4 cup of chopped cashews
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop all of the ingredients as listed above.
3. Place all of the ingredients, including spices, vinegar, olive oil (not the garnishes) in a large bowl. Mix until well-combined.
4. Arrange all of the contents from the bowl onto a large non-stick sheet pan. If you do not have a non-stick pan, spray cooking spray on top. If you have a baking mat, place the mat on the pan, followed by the ingredients on top of the mat.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Pull the pan out of the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Add the garnishes (cashews & cilantro) on top and mix. Serve immediately!