Do you know what makes my egg roll in a bowl recipe better than everyone else's? Well, it's Whole 30 approved so it's uber clean and free of any added sugars. It's keto-friendly for my low-carb loving lifestylers. AND it only requires ONE pan to cook it in, meaning less dishes to do! YAY!
Here it is, fam! My Whole 30 Egg Roll in a Bowl! Hope you love it!!
TIME: 30 Minutes
YIELDS: 4-6 Servings
1 -1.5 pounds of beef
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 small red onion, julienne
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 thumb size-length piece of ginger, peeled
1 cup of brown mushrooms, sliced
2 cups of cabbage, julienne
1/2 cup (1 small) of green pepper, julienne
1/2 cup (1 small) of red pepper, julienne
8 baby carrots, julienned
1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons of coconut aminos
Zest & juice of one lime
2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
2 green onions, diced
1. Chop all of the vegetables as listed above.
2. Place a very large skillet over high heat. Add the coconut oil to the pot and allow the oil to melt all over the surface of the pan.
3. Once the oil starts to sizzle, add the beef, onion, and garlic. Stir constantly so the garlic doesn't burn. Add a dash of salt and pepper and continue to stir.
4. Once the beef starts to brown and the onions
And garlic begin to caramelize (this process takes around 5 minutes), add the mushrooms. Cook and saute until the mushrooms are soft.
5. Drain a bit of the beef fat out of the pan and into the sink. Once you place the pan back on the stove, add the rest of the veggies. Stir and caramelize. The vegetables will soften up and cook fairly quickly, around 7-8 minutes.
6. Grab a microplane/zester and zest the peeled piece of ginger directly into the pan. Stir.
Add the coconut aminos and remaining salt and pepper. Stir.
7. Using the microplane again, zest the entire lime into the pot. Slice the lime in quarters, juice the lime directly into the pot as well.
8. Add the toasted sesame seeds. Stir and serve. Garnish with sliced green onions