Not only is spinach dip is always a crowd pleaser, but it's a safe "go-to" to bring to ANY event!
I have a confession! I ALWAYS use mayonnaise & sour cream in my dips because I don't eat dips regularly (except for guacamole and hummus). So if I'm gonna "dip" then you better BELIEVE I'm going to "dip" with the dangerous stuff. 😂😉
We have to indulge every once in awhile. Plus it just doesn't taste the same otherwise!
Hope you enjoy my Sassy Spinach Dip!
2 lbs frozen spinach, chopped
1 cup carrots, small dice
1 small can of water chestnuts, drained and diced small
1/2 cup red onion, diced small
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil mayonaise
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Zest from half of a lemon
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 tablespoon Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Thaw frozen spinach in the refrigerator for a few hours. Place spinach in a thick paper towel or tea towel, and squeeze out all of the water into the sink. Place the spinach in a large bowl.
2. Prepare all of the vegetables as listed above.
3. Add all of the ingredients into the bowl with the spinach.
4. Mix with a spatula until well-combined. Add salt and pepper to taste as needed!
5. Refrigerate for a couple hours prior to serving time!
Serve with any of the following:
Root Vegetable Chips
Gluten Free Bread