Have you ever made muffins in a blender? If not you need to start because it makes this baking process way easier! This recipe is great anytime of year, but how fun would it be to prepare these muffins Easter morning? Either way, you and your loved ones are going to love them!
Be sure to pay close attention to the recipe because I'm dropping hacks and modifications throughout! I've also added a bonus recipe at the end that will go great with these gluten-free, sugar-free muffins! Enjoy!
1/2 cup Truvia or Monkfruit
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter (hint-butter gives it a better color, coconut oil gives it a better flavor)
1 cup of bananas (equivalent to 2 medium bananas)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Prepare your FILLERS. Grate the carrots, chop the dates, and chop the almonds. Combine everything into a large bowl and set aside. Now remember, you can save a bit of time by buying the carrots already shredded and the dates and almonds pre-chopped.
3. Place all of the dry ingredients into another bowl. Set aside.
4. Place all of the wet ingredients into a food processor and blend until it forms a batter. Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and blend for at least 2-3 minutes! We want to break up the oats as much as we can.
5. Pour the muffin batter into the FILLER bowl and mix the ingredients until well-combined!
6. Place 1/4 cup servings into each muffin tin. Distribute any leftover batter into each cup.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool to room temperature before you pull them out of the muffin tin otherwise they will fall apart!
Pair this muffin with this delicious low-carb Lemon Curd Recipe!
1/2 cup Truvia
1/4 cup grass-fed butter
Juice of 2 medium lemons
Zest of 2 medium lemons
1.Combine all of the ingredients in a double broiler. Whisk continuously until it thickens up! Strain thru a fine mesh strainer. Store in refrigerator prior to serving time! The colder it is, the better it tastes!