Who doesn't love delicious runny eggs over caramelized, crisp vegetables? Seriously though, not only is the dish super easy and fast to make, but you can literally have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So versatile! And just so you know, this recipe technically has 2 servings in it, but even I can easily eat the whole thing by myself. So if you're cooking for 2 HUNGRY people, you may want to double up the recipe!
Happy cooking, sassy fam!
TIME: 25 MINUTES
YIELDS: 1-2 SERVINGS
1 tablespoon of either coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup asparagus, chopped in pieces
1 cup spinach
1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons Himalayan salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
Sprinkle of smoked paprika
1. Chop and prepare the vegetables as listed above.
2. Place a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Wait about 30 seconds for the pan to heat up. Add the coconut oil and allow the oil to melt all over the surface of the pan.
3. Add the onions first, saute and stir until they become aromatic and somewhat soft (about 5--6 minutes). Add a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Add chopped broccoli and asparagus and saute and stir until veggies start to brown and become caramelized. This should take another 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle in more salt and pepper.
5. Add the spinach and chopped tomatoes, stir. Add another dash of salt, pepper, and vinegar. Stir again.
6. Crack the eggs directly on top of the veggies. Make sure the eggs are evenly placed. Sprinkle in more salt and pepper directly on the eggs. Cover the skillet with a lid and turn the heat down to low. Eggs will cook fairly quickly. I kept the lid on for 6-7 minutes because I like my eggs over medium.
7. Sprinkle smoked paprika on top. Serve immediately.
2 minced garlic cloves
Fresh basil leaves