I first featured this dish on a Valentine's Day segment from, "Daytime with Kimberly & Esteban" a morning tv show here in San Antonio! The crew from Daytime is seriously the best TV crew in town! I feel super fortunate that they've invited me on the show for the past 7 years! Pretty amazing stuff to be able to share my passion of creating clean-eating recipes with you all! Grateful!
Anyways, this specific recipe is actually one that can be eaten year-round, not just on Valentine's Day. It is also quite possibly one of the easiest salads that you can put together! You can have it as a meal, or split it up as an appetizer among friends! It's fresh, flavorful, and loaded with protein and healthy fats! You really can't find another nutritious yet delicious dish to throw together!
Here is my Asparagus Crab Salad! Hope you enjoy it!
Yields: 2-4 Time: 20 minutes
1 bunch of asparagus
12-16 oz of fresh cooked crabmeat
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
1 green onion, diced
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Zest and juice of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Trim the ends off the asparagus and place it on a baking sheet (covered with parchment or with cooking spray). Sprinkle salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the asparagus. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until asparagus is bright green and slightly charred.
3. Dice the green onion while the asparagus is cooking.
4. Allow the asparagus to cool to room temperature. Top the asparagus with crab, green onion, and pine nuts!
5. Using a zester or microplane, zest the lemon peel directly onto the dish. Slice the lemon in half and juice the lemon directly on top as well!
6. Drizzle a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil on top!
Cracked black pepper would be lovely on this!