This Christmas I am gifting you the greatest gingerbread recipe of all time! Not even kidding! You'll love it so much that you won't even believe it's keto! Not only is this cake super moist and fluffy, it also tastes and feels like heaven in your mouth! And forgive me for sounding super cliche, but the homemade ginger whip cream truly is the icing on the cake!
Fyi, this recipe requires TRUVIA ONLY! Please do not substitute the truvia with stevia, swerve, or any other low-carb sweetener. Trust me when I say that the texture and flavor will be ruined otherwise. On my second batch of recipe developing I accidentally used a different sweetener aside from Truvia. I ended up having to throw it in the trash.
I added Lilly's chocolate chips to this recipe too! Chocolate chips are generally absent in gingerbread cake recipes, but I think it levels up the quality and enjoyment!
Here you go, Sassy Fam! Enjoy!
TIME: 30 MIN
CAKE INGREDIENTS & METHOD
5 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
3/4 cup truvia
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 reaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup Lilly's Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Combine all of the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Sift with a whisk to make sure everything is well combined.
4. Place the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until it forms a smooth batter.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper in a small 8×8 square pan. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
While the cake is baking, let's prepare the ginger whip cream!!
WHIP CREAM INGREDIENTS & METHOD
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons of truvia
1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
1. Throw everything in a mixer (or use a handheld mixer), and whip until it thickens up and forms peaks. Be sure to not overmix otherwise it will turn into butter!
1. Allow the cake to cool off to room temperature before chopping it into small squares.
2. Layer the pieces of gingerbread cake with the fresh whip cream in a glass bowl or trifle container.
3. Top with pecans or other nuts of choice! Try to keep it keto by avoiding candied nuts!