Here is a delicious diabetic-friendly cranberry sauce that you are sure to LOVE! I made this recipe on a whim! I was hoping to share a sassy (aka unique and not-so traditional) sugar-free cranberry sauce on the blog! Luckily for me I had apples, tangerines, and ginger on hand so I figured why not put it all into one delicious holiday condiment! Hoorah!
Heere it is! My sassy cranberry apple ginger sauce with tangerine zest!!
TIME: 30 MINUTES
YIELDS: 8-10 SERVINGS
I (12 ounce package) fresh cranberries
4 red delicious apples, peeled and diced
1 piece of ginger - 2" long 1" wide piece - peeled
1 cup of Truvia sweetener
1 1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Zest and juice of one whole tangerine
1. Prepare the apples and ginger as listed above.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
3. Simmer for 25 minutes of until apples and cranberries are tender.
4. Pull the piece of ginger out and toss in the trash.
5. Add tangerine zest and juice.
6. Allow sauce to cool down before storing it in the refrigerator!