Hey Sassy fam! Introducing...... Pumpkin queso with bacon & jalapenos! This spicy, robust, and flavorful dip is perfect for your next holiday gathering! I jazzed it up by serving it in a hollowed out pumpkin, and accompanied with roasted vegetables and tortilla chips. However you can dish it up as sassy or simple as you like! Hope you and your loved ones love it! Enjoy!
2 cans of (14 ounce) pumpkin
1 quart of chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 package of bacon
1 (12 ounce) package of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the bacon and the whole jalapenos on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. While the bacon is cooking, prepare the queso.
3. Chop the onion and garlic as listed above.
4. Place a large pot over medium-heat. Place the oil in the pot. Once the oil heats up (after 30 seconds) add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
5. Add all of the spices and continue to saute and stir until the spices are evenly distributed.
6. Add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Place both cans of pumpkin in the pot and whisk until pumpkin mixture is smooth. Stir. Add salt and pepper as needed. Add more broth if it's too thick.
7. As the pumpkin starts to boil, add the cheese and stir until it is melted. Turn off the heat.
8. By now the bacon should be done cooking. Pull the bacon out of the oven. Place about a tablespoon of bacon grease in the queso.
9. Place the bacon strips on a paper towel to pat dry.
10. Dice up the bacon and the jalapenos and place them in the queso. Stir.
11. Check the flavor. Add a dash of either salt, pepper, or chili powder as needed.
12. Serve with tortilla chips, roasted veggies, and sausage bites.