Football season is here and do you know what I love more than anything during this time of year? Game day food! Especially wings! But with football season in full swing(and the holidays just around the corner) our cheat meals become more and more frequent! Yikes. Dangerous times ahead for our healthy lifestyles and habits!
Believe me when I say that I LOVE wings, but as tasty as they are, they make me feel garbage! However, what if I were to tell you that you can still have the great-tasting flavor of wings, but not wreck your health and waste line while eating it?
I've created a bomb salad made with roasted Buffalo cauliflower bites tossed with chopped cabbage and kale salad. And guess what? It gets drizzled with ranch dressing! It's hard not to love the popping combination of wings and ranch. I do recommend to get Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing so you can keep it plant-based and paleo. But if you must, you can use the ranch that's already in your fridge!
My favorite thing about this dish is that it has a crunchy, spicy kick, and it's loaded with fresh greens and nutrients! Y'all are going to love it! Be sure to share it with your friends and bring it to your next tailgate or football gathering!
Yields: 2-4 Servings Time:30 Minutes
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1/2 cup of hot sauce of choice, divided. I like to use a mix of Frank's Red Hot because it has ZERO sugar, and Austin TX's very Yellowbird Habanero because the flavor is out of this world!
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
A pinch of black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together with only half the amount of hot sauce.
3. Place cauliflower on a sheet pan lined with parchment or cooking spray. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Mix the rest of the hot sauce with the cauliflower after it is done roasting.
Prepare the salad while the cauliflower is cooking...
1 small head of cabbage, chopped in small pieces
2 cups of kale, rubbed and chopped
1 large carrot, peeled in shreds
1 green onion, diced
1 cucumber, quartered and diced in small pieces
1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon pine nuts
Method and Assembly of Salad:
1. Prepare all of the ingredients as listed above.
2. Toss everything together in a large bowl.
3. When the cauliflower is done roasting add it to the chopped salad. And mix together!
4. This salad is best tossed with ranch dressing. Add 2-3 tablespoons of your choice ranch dressing to the bowl and toss until well-combined. Serve immediately!