Seriously guys this recipe requires no cooking! No saute pan, oven, or grill top needed! I did add chicken to this dish though, but I bought an already prepared rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. When you're running low on time and need protein fast, it's a great option.
My homemade tahini dressing that accompanies this bowl literally takes 5 minutes to make! If you're wondering what tahini is, it's sesame seed paste that is formed into a soft, smooth, buttery-like substance! It has a warm nutty flavor and blends perfectly with vinegar and lemon to make a fabulous tangy dressing!
So my Sassy Crunchy Keto Bowl is perfect for those who need a quick, nutrient- dense meal that has loads of flavor, texture, and veggies abound!
Time: 15 Minutes Yields: 1-2 Servings
1 cup of greens (I used a arugula)
1 medium- large carrot - peeled in shreds
1 radish - sliced thin
1 - yellow squash - zoodled in a spiralizer
1/2 cup broccoli - chopped into little florets
1/2 an avocado - sliced thin
1-2 tablespoons of raw pumpkin seeds
1-2 tablespoons of raw cashews
1/2 cup - 1 cup of precooked rotisserie chicken
A sprinkle of black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of vinegar of choice
Dash of Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper
1. Prepare all of your veggies as listed above.
2. Place the greens on the bottom of a wide bowl (this is your first layer). And place your veggies in a pretty circular formation on the greens. Be sure to keep each of the ingredients together so each color stays together. If you're wondering what that means, use the photo as a reference.
3. Sprinkle the tablespoon of vinegar, salt, and pepper on top of the veggies! This will give the veggies that little bit of extra flavor that salads in general so desperately need!
4. Place the cashews and the pumpkin seeds in rows on opposite sides of the bowl.
5. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
6. Drizzle with my homemade tahini dressing. Recipe is below!
Sassy Homemade Tahini Dressing
4 tablespoons of tahini paste
1/2 cup boiling hot water
Zest of half of a lemon (use the other half for lemon slices in your water)
1 1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Dash of either maple syrup, honey, agave, or truvia
Whisk everything together in a bowl until the dressing is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Drizzle as much on your salad as you like!