1 cup nut butter or choice. I used almond butter.
1 scoop whey or plant-based protein powder
1/2 cup dates, chopped
1/2 cup of lilly's chocolate chips (or other unsweetened chocolate chips)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon truvia, truvia nectar, or maple syrup
1 scoop of low-carb/plant-based ice cream of choice (i.e - halo top, talenti, arctic zero)
1. In a large bowl, combine nut butter, protein powder, dates, chocolate chips, and truvia. Roll everything together until it forms a cookie dough.
2. Roll golf ball sized balls, hand-patty the balls until 1/4" flat, place them on parchment paper on a sheet pan. Just make sure you have an even amount of cookies cause you will need a top and bottom for your sandwiches.
3. Take a scoop of ice cream (1/8-1/4 cup size depending on how big you want your sandwiches). Place the scoop on one cookie and then place another cookie on top.
4. Take a spatula and smooth out the sides of the ice cream.
5. Place the sliced almonds in a bowl and roll/dip the ice cream sandwich in the almonds so they are sticking to the ice cream.
6. Place sandwich in parchment paper and fold the paper until it wraps around the sandwich.
7. Store in freezer!