My favorite thing about these decadent cupcakes is that there is no MIXER required! Most baking recipes involve hand-held, or stand alone mixers, but this recipe just requires the mixing process to happen between 2 bowls! Less equipment equals less mess! Get to it sassy friends! You're going to LOVE this treat!
Nut allergies? No worries! You can easily substitute the almond flour for sesame flour, and the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter or sesame butter (aka tahini).
Low-Carb Chocolate PB & J Cupcakes
YIELDS: 12 Servings
TIME: 25 Minutes
CAL 347 | CARB 33 | FAT 23 | PROTEIN 14 | SUGAR 6
10 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1½ cup of TRUVIA or MONKFRUIT
2 teaspoons natural peanut butter
1½ cups almond flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
12-14 Cupcake Liners (only if you have them)
4 scoops of organic/ low sugar vanilla whey protein
4 tablespoons of fresh peanut butter, cashew butter, or almond butter
10 tablespoons water
A couple pinches of Himalayan Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place cupcake liners in the muffin tins, only if you have them (they’re really not that necessary). Spray the inside of the cupcake liners with cooking spray. If you don’t have liners, spray the inside of the muffin tins.
3. Mix wet ingredients into one bowl. Mix dry ingredients into a separate bowl. Combine ingredients together and pour ¼ cup portions into the cupcake liners.
4. Bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely before adding the frosting. The cupcakes will sink a bit in the middle- that’s ok
For the Frosting & Assembly:
1. Combine the protein powder and nut butter together into a mixing bowl. Add two tablespoons of water at a time until it forms a creamy paste.
2. Place a tablespoon of frosting inside the circle where the cupcake sank. Place 1-2 raspberries on top. Store in the refrigerator.